Windows PE 3.0
return to Plugins list
| Windows PE 3.0 2,3|
- Name: - Windows PE 3.0
- Version: 2,3
- Official website: http://www.microsoft.com/
- License: Proprietary software
- Wikpedia Page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_pe
- Download: http://www.erpxe.com/downloads
|Windows PE 3.0||Anti-Virus||Deployment||Diagnostics||OS Installation||Live Media||Recovery Tools|
|Windows PE 3.0||CIFS||HTTP||Internet||NFS||Linux OS||Windows OS|
Windows Preinstallation Environment (aka Windows PE, WinPE) is a lightweight version of Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2008 R2 that is used for the deployment of workstations and servers.
It is intended as a 32-bit or 64-bit replacement for MS-DOS during the installation phase of Windows, and can be booted via PXE, CD-ROM, USB flash drive, or hard disk.
Traditionally used by large corporations and OEMs (to preinstall Windows client operating systems to PCs during manufacturing), it is now widely available free of charge via the Windows Automated Installation Kit (WAIK).
WinPE allows you to install any version of windows using a Windows Share (or SAMBA) of your Windows Installation files.
Download winpe3-XXX.tar.gz to /
extract winpe3-XXX.tar.gz file:
tar -xvzf winpe3-XXX.tar.gz
The following files are from Automated Installation Kit (AIK) for Windows Vista SP1 and Windows Server 2008:
Copy "boot.sdi" to "er\0\boot.sdi"
Copy "bootmgr.exe" to "er\0\bt.exe" and hex edit it:
Change the "\Boot\BCD" unicode text to "\ER\0\BCD" at 0x 4F98C
Also, copy "boot\pxeboot.0" to "er\0\pxeboot.0" and hex edit this too:
Change the "bootmgr.exe" to "er\0\bt.exe" at 0x 5961
"bootmgr.exe" has a PE checksum we used a tool called "PE Explorer" to create a new checksum:
Calculate a new checksum on "bt.exe" at 0x130
We have created an option for 3 different Windows PE 0,1,2. You can use them for custom PEs or for F1,F2,F3 from WAIK.
- Open WAIK ISO file and extract winpe.cab
- Open winpe.cab file with 7zip and extract \f1_winpe.wim to /tftpboot/er/0/winpe.wim
- Open winpe.cab file with 7zip and extract \f2_winpe.wim to /tftpboot/er/1/winpe.wim
- Open winpe.cab file with 7zip and extract \f3_winpe.wim to /tftpboot/er/2/winpe.wim